Wednesday, October 16, 2013

30 Day Challenge - Days 19, 20 and 21

OK, now I don't really have an excuse... I was tired? I had errands to run? I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow?

In any case, here are my photos for the last two days and today's :)

Day 19 - October 14
I was coming home from work on Monday and was stopped at a light behind this car with the license plate, "Top Chef." I can only assume someone famous was in front of me. Now, to Google all potentially-bald, glasses-wearing Top Chef's, presumably located in the Baltimore area. (But I guess he could be visiting?)

Day 20 - October 15
Being in the car is becoming a recurring theme in my pictures. Want to know why? Because I spend a lot of time in the car. And nothing really exciting happens to me at work or at my apartment (luckily). Yesterday's photo is the view I have driving home from work every day. I did what I could to get the skyline, but it doesn't do it justice. When we were making the decision to move to Baltimore, the sight of the skyline was thrilling. My first big city and so much potential. Now, I don't even give it a second glance. I know I shouldn't take it for granted, but I can't bring myself to revel in the fact that I live in downtown Baltimore anymore. It's not as thrilling as I once thought.

Day 21 - October 16
As of January 1, 2013 Maryland recognizes same-sex marriage as a legal union, so today, we threw a groom's shower for one of my co-workers and his groom-to-be and their sweet black lab mix, Churchill. As part of the Fun Team, I got to help plan the event and it came together so well! We had lunch brought in, we raised money for a gift and we decorated (manly colors, of course).

Most importantly, though, we recognized this momentous milestone in their lives. They've been partners for over 10 years and now they're finally able to have their relationship legally recognized. It was wonderful to be  apart of that celebration. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment