Sunday, October 13, 2013

30 Day Photo Challenge - Days 16, 17 and 18

I knew this would happen. I would get so wrapped up in everything else that I would forget to post. At least I had a good excuse this weekend!

Like I said earlier, one of Gavin's college roommates came to visit for the weekend. AND I made a quick trip up to PA to visit with my family while we had an auction at the farm.

On my way home from work on Friday, I was stopped at a light downtown and thought it looked so picturesque in the rain. (If you catch certain areas in the right light, downtown Baltimore can look decent.) Unfortunately, my picture-taking skills coupled with an iPhone didn't really do it justice.

Day 16 - October 11
After I packed up the car, I hit the road for what seemed like forever, but in reality was just over 3.5 hours. The rain and fog, along with dark of night made that trip seem to go on and on...and on. I made it to Angela's house with enough time to catch up quickly and then get to bed for an early start the next day.

I woke up bright and early to make it to my grandparent's house (the farm) before the auction really got started. It was quite the experience and I'm so glad I went! People were wandering around, looking at all of our items; some of my family members were selling food (hot dogs and chili at 9 am? OK!); my grandpa was walking around in suspenders that my dad gave him as a child - it was all just neat.

When the auction finally got started, I got to hear the auctioneers driving up the bidding for all of our stuff. I couldn't mimic him if I tried. It was interesting to see how he went back and forth between competing bidders, who bid ever so nonchalantly. A head nod was signal enough to let the auctioneer know that he wanted that item.

After all the bidding was done, it was time to help everyone load up their stuff and get it off our property. This is when Daddi came out of the barn, riding the brand new tractor my grandpa bought. I asked him later if he had a good day and he said, "It was a lot of work, but it was fun." I think he misses being on the farm, so this week and weekend was a great time for him.

Day 17 - October 12
Once everything settled down and everyone who bought something left, we all gathered around to chat for awhile. I decided to hit the road shortly after that in order to make it back to Baltimore for dinner. 

I made it back to Baltimore in great time, but was welcomed by a broken air conditioner. GROSS. I know it's October and *finally* getting cooler, but I like my living space to be cold enough that I can bundle up in sweats and blankets. It was entirely too hot and I was so uncomfortable. Luckily, it was a quick flip of the breaker switch and we were back in business.

We decided on sushi in Fells Point for dinner - which I will never say no to - and then went to a low-key bar afterwards to chat and watch football. It was a great night out on the town and I'm glad we could show Chris a part of Baltimore we actually enjoy.

Sunday was filled with football and friends, per usual, and luckily, not a lot of rain. Gavin and Chris went tailgating at the Raven's game and then went to a bar to watch our Panthers pull it off this week! I stayed home and relaxed because I was still exhausted from all of the running around from earlier in the weekend. We then made our way to Canton, to show Chris another part of Baltimore we love: our friends' house (and our friends, of course!)

We made it up to the roof for a bit, even though it started to get a little too chilly on us. So, I took a picture of the skyline. I know it doesn't look like much, but again, what can a girl do with an iPhone and little to no picture-taking skills?

Day 18 - October 13
All in all, it was a fun-filled, busy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment