Sunday, October 6, 2013

30 Day Photo Challenge - Days 9, 10, 11

Whew, we had a *busy* weekend! After a full day at work on Friday, Gavin and I made the 6-hour drive home to North Carolina. (Apologies for the blurry photo - there wasn't much I could do in motion with an iPhone in the dark.)

October 4 - Day 9


It was exhausting, but in order to maximize our time at home, it had to be done. We had a long list of things to take care of in the short amount of time we were home. To start it all off, we had a board meeting for my mom's company. We had to do it when everyone was present in person and we weren't sure if that would happen again during the day (I know, we were that busy!). From there, we went to a cake-tasting at Maxie B's. IT. WAS. DELICIOUS. We booked them as our baker for the wedding and are thrilled with our decision and cake design/flavors.

October 5 - Day 10

After the cake tasting, we had a meeting with our priest, pre-marital counseling, church and a celebratory dinner. We were celebrating my birthday, Jessie's birthday, Momma's birthday, Daddi's "less-than-1000-days-until-retirement," and all of the wedding tasks we were able to check off. We rounded off the evening watching some home videos, which is always a favorite thing to do at home.

The weekend wasn't over yet, though. Today, we woke up bright and early (well, literally dark and early) to take our engagement photos in the sunrise light. The lighting was BEAUTIFUL. I only saw one picture, but was promised a sneak peek soon, so I can hardly contain myself. :) After our engagement session, we met with our caterers to work up an estimate. It was great to finally put a face to the names I'd been emailing and they were so nice to chat with.

From there, we got on the road to get back to Baltimore ASAP so Gavin could watch at least part of the Panther game. I wish we could have spent a few more hours at home, but now that I'm back in the city, I can say that I'm glad I'm not on the road anymore.

October 6 - Day 11
Even though we didn't get to drive through it, I got to see a small piece of heaven on a sign on the way back. Carolina, I'm coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment